Table of contents
I’m thrilled to announce the details of our next challenge.
It will be on the theme of “Films & TV”, and will be a fun and interesting 30 days where we work with film and TV clips in English.
This one will build on the best parts of these challenges, and I’m really excited for this one.
- Start date: Monday 7th November
- Duration: 30 days
- Format: Every 3 days for 30 days, you’ll receive a task based on an iconic clip from an English film or TV show (10 different clips in total). You will be required to respond to the task, and share your responses with the community. The tasks (and films) will be fun and varied, and help develop your listening, comprehension, and even speaking skills.
- Eligibility: An active membership to Leonardo English is required
If you’re ready for a fun 30 days, you can register below:
If you have taken part in one of our challenges before, you will know how fun and powerful they can be.
This one is going to be even better, because you’ll be supported by someone who is literally an expert in using films & TV clips for language learning. Her name is Cara Leopold, and she’ll be with you every step of the way.
I love doing them too, and I’ll be there with you, along with supporting you through this cinematographic challenge.
You should take part if:
- You want to build your vocabulary
- You want to be accountable to others
- You want to learn while having a lot of fun
- You want to learn as part of an engaged community
- You want to have an excuse to watch amazing films & TV clips
- You want to have a reason to spend time using English every day
- You want to connect with others from different countries and cultures
Frequently Asked Questions:
What sorts of films will there be?
There will be a real mixture of English language films. Some you might know, others you might not.
The challenge will include a wide variety of films, and each film with have a different type of task.
Can I take part even if I'm based in a non-European timezone?
Yes, of course!
You can complete the tasks in your own time, so whether you're based in Tokyo, Mexico City, or anywhere in between, you can take part in the challenge.
Sounds great. How can I take part?
You can register here.
Do I have to pay to take part in the challenge?
No, it is included in Leonardo English membership.
Please note, a membership to Leonardo English is required to be approved.
I’m shy - do I really need to share my answers?
I understand - people don't generally like sharing their work, especially with strangers. But it can be incredibly motivational, and everyone will be going through the same process.
The sharing is the magic. It's also not completely 'in public' - we will use our member-only community forum, so only other members of the challenge will see it.
How much time will it take me?
You can spend as much or as little time as you like on it.
We would recommend an absolute minimum of 30 minutes every 3 days. To get the most benefit from the challenge you should engage with other people, so it might take 30-60 minutes per day.
Like everything in life, the more you put in, the more you will get out :)
OK, I’m ready. How do I register?
You can register here.
I have another question
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
I'm really excited about this one, and I hope you will be too.