Our 30 for 30 Challenge was a phenomenal success (you can read more about it here).
Participants experienced firsthand the power of community accountability and the improvements that come from committing to using English every day. It was also a huge amount of fun.
June’s challenge will be even better:
- It is focused on expanding your vocabulary.
- Every 3 days a new task will be provided, containing 10 unusual words or phrases. If you are an intermediate or advanced learner, you may know some of these already, but they probably aren’t in your day-to-day active vocabulary.
- The task will be to write a mini-essay (less than 250 words) using each of these 10 words or phrases at least once. The words/phrases will be the only starting point.
- You will have 3 days to complete each task.
- Plus, there will be the option to get personalised feedback and corrections for every task.
If you are ready for this challenge, you can sign up below.
Who will enjoy this challenge?
- You want to build your vocabulary
- You want to be accountable to others
- You want to learn while having a lot of fun
- You want to learn as part of an engaged community
- You want to have a reason to spend time using English every day
- You want to connect with others from different countries and cultures
Who can participate in this challenge?
- All members of Leonardo English can participate.
What are the dates of the challenge?
- You need to register by May 31st.
- The challenge starts on June 1st and ends on June 30th.
Are there limits to how many people can participate?
- There will be a maximum of 50 people in any challenge, so please sign up early to guarantee your spot.
Can I get feedback/corrections on my tasks?
- Yes, this was one of the most requested pieces of feedback from the 30 for 30 Challenge. There will be a fee of €59 for this, which covers detailed feedback on all of the 10 tasks (up to 250 words each).
- All feedback will be ‘public’, so you will learn from others’ feedback, and they will learn from yours.
Why should I do this?
Getting into good habits is hard, and doing something over a 30-day period with a group of people is one of the best ways to get into the habit of something.
Sharing a journey with other people is incredibly motivational, and by doing this challenge with a group you will have a far better chance of success.
It will also be a lot of fun, you will learn a lot, and your confidence, writing skills and use of language will improve.
How long do I need to spend doing this?
There is one task every 3 days, and it requires you to write no more than 250 words. How long this will take depends on your level.
You do not need to reading and engaging with other participants' tasks, but you may enjoy doing so. Of course, this will take more time.
I'm shy and would rather not share in public
I understand - people don't generally like sharing their work, especially with strangers. But it can be incredibly motivational, and everyone will be going through the same process.
The sharing is the magic. It's also not completely 'in public' - only other members of the challenge will see it.
OK, I’m ready. How do I register?
I have another question
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm really excited about this one, and I hope you will be too.