Table of contents
I’m thrilled to announce the details of our next challenge, on the theme of every English learner’s favourite (or most hated) theme, idioms.
They were both great fun in different ways, and I’m even more excited for this one.
So, without further ado, here are the details:
- Start date: Monday 28th March
- Duration: 21 days
- Format: Every day for 21 days you’ll receive 5 new “interesting idioms”. Your task is to write a short piece of English using each of the new idioms and to share your work with the community.
- Eligibility: An active membership to Leonardo English is required
If you have taken part in one of our challenges before, you will know how fun and powerful they can be.
I love doing them too, and I’ll be there with you, supporting you every day for 21 days in a row.
You should take part if:
- You want to build your vocabulary
- You want to be accountable to others
- You want to learn while having a lot of fun
- You want to learn as part of an engaged community
- You want to have a reason to spend time using English every day
- You want to connect with others from different countries and cultures
Here are some answers to some questions you may have:
Sounds great. How can I take part?
Is there any extra cost to take part in the challenge?
No, it is included in Leonardo English membership.
Please note, a membership to Leonardo English is required to be approved.
I’m shy - do I really need to share my answers?
I understand - people don't generally like sharing their work, especially with strangers. But it can be incredibly motivational, and everyone will be going through the same process.
The sharing is the magic. It's also not completely 'in public' - we will use our member-only community forum, so only other members of the challenge will see it.
How much time will it take me?
You can spend as much or as little time as you like on it.
At an absolute minimum it should take 10 minutes per day, but to get the most benefit from the challenge you should engage with other learners, so it might take 30-60 minutes per day.
Like everything in life, the more you put in, the more you will get out.
OK, I’m ready. How do I register?
I have another question
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
I'm really excited about this one, and I hope you will be too.