Table of contents
I have a big announcement to make today.
Our next challenge will start on Monday, April 3rd.
It will be a “vocabulary builder challenge”, with the aim of helping you learn 100 advanced new words and phrases in 30 days.
We have run similar challenges before, with great success.
But I am so excited about this one because it comes with a special surprise.
We will be joined in this challenge by “Da Vinci”, a teacher who will give you personalised feedback and corrections on your work.
Da Vinci is powered by OpenAI, which means that:
- Personalised corrections will be free for everyone taking part
- You will receive personalised feedback and corrections within 5 minutes of submitting your work
I’ve spent a long time working with OpenAI, and I’m really excited about bringing this to our next challenge.
Here’s how the challenge will work:
- Every 3 days a new task will be provided, containing 10 advanced words or phrases. If you are an intermediate or advanced learner (B1-C1), you may know some of these already, but they probably aren’t in your day-to-day active vocabulary.
- The task will be to write a mini-essay or story (fewer than 300 words) using each of these 10 advanced words or phrases at least once. The words/phrases will be the only starting point.
- You will have 3 days (72 hours) to complete each task.
- Everyone who takes part will be able to receive personalised corrections and feedback from Da Vinci. Because Da Vinci never sleeps, you’ll receive these within 5 minutes of submitting your work.
- I will also be there with you, every day, supporting and encouraging you on the way
Who will enjoy this challenge?
- You want to build your vocabulary
- You want to be accountable to others
- You want to get feedback on your work
- You want to learn while having a lot of fun
- You want to learn as part of an engaged community
- You want to have a reason to spend time using English every day
- You want to connect with others from different countries and cultures
- [BONUS] You are interested in AI and want to see what a robot teacher is like
What are the dates of the challenge?
- Registration for the challenge is open now and closes at midnight on Friday, March 31st
- The challenge starts on Monday, April 3rd and ends on Wednesday, May 3rd
Who can take part in this challenge?
- Participation is included for free for all Pro members of Leonardo English (or anyone who became a member before 1st March 2023)
I’m not on the “Pro” membership. Where can I get it?
- If you are not a member of Leonardo English, you can become a Pro member here
- If you are a “Starter” member, go to this page and click “GET STARTED” on the Pro membership. Changing your membership is very easy and you will clearly see the cost of changing from Starter to Pro.
Note: if you became a member before March 1st 2023, you are automatically entitled to take part for free.
Can I get feedback/corrections on my English?
- Yes, everyone who takes part will have the option of receiving personalised feedback from Da Vinci. If you do not want feedback, there is the option to not receive this.
- All feedback will be ‘public’, so you will learn from others’ feedback, and they will learn from yours.
Can I choose not to receive corrections?
Yes, when you sign up there is an option to not receive corrections.
Why should I do this?
Getting into good habits is hard, and doing something over a 30-day period with a group of people is one of the best ways to get into the habit of something.
Sharing a journey with other people is incredibly motivational, and by doing this challenge with a group you will have a far better chance of success.
It will also be a lot of fun, you will learn a lot, and your confidence, writing skills and use of language will improve.
Plus, you will get personalised feedback from a 24/7 English teacher that we have spent several weeks developing.
How long do I need to spend doing this?
There is one task every 3 days, and it requires you to write no more than 300 words. How long this will take depends on your level.
You do not need to read and engage with other participants' tasks, but you may enjoy doing so. Of course, this will take more time.
I'm shy and would rather not share in public
I understand - people don't generally like sharing their work, especially with strangers. But it can be incredibly motivational, and everyone will be going through the same process.
The sharing is the magic. It's also not completely 'in public' - only other members of the challenge will see it.
OK, I’m ready. How do I register?
Registration is now closed. Please join our mailing list below to be notified about our next challenge.
I have another question
Please email email@example.com