Table of contents
Around 70% of Leonardo English's members are either from Europe or living in Europe, so the topic of our 8th Members-only session was one that affects us all: The Future of The European Union.
It's obviously a question on lots of other people's minds too
With representatives with ties to the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Malta, Latvia, Ukraine, and Russia, there were plenty of differing viewpoints and opinions to share.
Here are some of the questions we took a stab at answering:
- How has COVID-19 changed the European Union?
- How has Brexit affected the European Union?
- What can the EU learn from the Brexit vote?
- How will the EU differ under Biden vs. Trump?
- How should the EU adapt to survive? Does it even need to?
- Next generation of EU leaders post Merkel / Macron?
- What is the feasibility of the Euro long term?
It was certainly a tough topic, and we didn't 'solve' any of these issues, but it's always fascinating to hear different viewpoints, share ideas, and understand the perspectives of curious minds from all over the world.
Our past couple of sessions have been quite 'political', so in January we agreed to tackle a slightly easier, but just as interesting subject.
Stay tuned for that announcement at the start of next month.
Our members-only sessions happen every month, and are a great way to exchange ideas and practice English in a friendly, interesting environment.
If you would like to attend the next one, you should consider becoming a member of Leonardo English.