Table of contents
I’m always amazed at the creativity that exists in the Leonardo English community. For our next challenge we will be unleashing your inner creative genius, in the “Creative Writing Challenge”.
Already know you want to take part? You can register here
Without further ado, here are the details, as well as some questions that you might have.
How it works
- Start date: Monday February 6th
- Duration: 15 days
- Format: Every 3 days you will receive a new “start of a story”. This will be 2-3 sentences. Your task is to write the rest of the story. There are no wrong or right answers, and the only limit is your creativity.
- Eligibility: An active membership to Leonardo English is required
If you have taken part in one of our challenges before, you will know how fun and powerful they can be.
I love doing them too, and I’ll be there with you, at every step of the journey
You should take part if:
- You want to practise English
- You want to be accountable to others
- You want to learn while having a lot of fun
- You want to learn as part of an engaged community
- You want to have a reason to spend time using English every day
- You want to connect with others from different countries and cultures
Here are some answers to some questions you may have:
Sounds great. How can I take part?
OK, that’s an easy first question. You can register here.
Is there any extra cost to take part in the challenge?
No, it is included in Leonardo English membership.
But I’m not creative!
Firstly, everyone is a little creative…
Secondly, you don’t need to be JK Rowling. You can write simple stories, and it will be fun and interesting to see how everyone else in the challenge takes the same beginning and expands in a different way.
I'm in a different timezone...can I still do it?
Yes, of course. The challenge is "asynchronous", meaning that you can do the tasks at whatever time is convenient for you.
We already have participants from a huge variety of timezones, from Bogota to Tokyo!
How much time will it take me?
You can spend as much or as little time as you like on it.
You might want to spend only 15 minutes writing an answer, you might want to spend 3 hours. You might want to interact with every other person in the challenge, you might not want to do this.
Like everything in life, the more you put in, the more you will get out.
I’m shy - do I really need to share my answers?
I understand - people don't generally like sharing their work, especially with strangers. But it can be incredibly motivational, and everyone will be going through the same process.
The sharing is the magic. It's also not completely 'in public' - we will use our member-only community forum, so only other members of the challenge will see it.
OK, I’m ready. How do I register?
I have another question
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
I'm really excited about this one, and I hope you will be too.